Saturday 27 March 2010

An Ode, to my Dead Bonsai.

Oh, woe is me,
And my absent-minded head,
Didn't care for my bonsai,
And now you're dead.

Bought you in a store,
In that place, Mid-Valley,
How could I say no to you,
When you cost only RM 9.90?

Brought you back to my room,
And named you Green Leafy,
For that's the name of my cat,
(Or was it Fluffy?)

I promised to feed you daily,
And give you the sun,
Expose for ten minutes,
Then water you once.

But then I got busy,
Way into the night,
So instead of the sun,
You get fluorescent light.

One day I got up,
And to horror I see,
You are no longer green,
You are brown, 'dah mati'.

I hope you are happy,
And in heaven somehow,
Where angels water you,
For eternity now.

In the future, in heaven,
I hope I take care of you well,
But until then, my dear bonsai,
This is farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment