Tuesday 17 November 2009

Among other things

Finally.

My exams are over. I'm supposed to be celebrating this joyous occasion, at least until the results come out. However, there are a few things bothering me at the moment.

1. My academic exercises.

Itulah, gatal sangat pergi buat dua latihan ilmiah. Yes, now I'm stuck with the problem of finishing two academic exercises. Two VERY difficult academic exercises. Let's start with history. Why, oh, why, do we have to go to the archives to do our research? Isn't the main library, or even Zaaba, enough anymore? Forgive my views, but that place is a death trap. I mean death by boredom. Seriously. The moment I get into that place, it feels that God Himself has abandoned the place to some demon that would kill you with boredom and depression. Trust me. I'm a history student who has been to the law library. I know what it means to be bored.
And East Asian studies. Tajuk pun tak ada lagi. What am I supposed to do for my academic exercise? A literary study of the Kojiki or Nihon Shoki? On Japanese culture in Malaysia? Definitely not the Look East policy. Everyone's done that. -_-"

2. Debates

Bangkok is particularly important to me. Ever since I wasn't chosen to go to Worlds in my first year, I have been trying hard to prove that I deserve to compete in an international competition of stature. Only in my third year (would be my final one if I hadn't extended my studies with that double major) do I get the chance to compete. I have nightmares, worry that for some diabolical reason, God forbid, they cancelled this trip to Bangkok and I end up a debate novice when I graduate, despite my loyalty, effort and perseverance.
I'm reading about every debate topic they could come up with under the sun (or at least covered by the NST. Sorrylah, Star people). The only thing now is to use these facts for argumentation reasons. I would have faced difficulty if not for Fikri Jr. with his extensive researches and opinions about it. Have to thank him after this. See? Who says BN and PR people can't work together? :D
Don't know who they're going to team me up with. Rebecca, Hugh, Tharish, Lavania, Shih Han, Jira...ah, I'll just wait for tomorrow to find out. Meanwhile, I have to go through the stack of newspapers tonight and prepare my fact and argument files. I'm sure that Hannah Tan picture is somewhere in there.

3. ... ... ... ...

You know what? I don't think I'll put that on my page. I'll just keep that to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment